Wednesday, June 17, 2020

2020 Topps Utz Baseball Trout, Acuna, Bogarts...

2020 Topps Utz Baseball:  I'd seen these online some last month and they peaked my interest.  Utz is a regional chip brand in Pennsylvania. I liked the design so I started stalking some on eBay.  I made two purchases - a pack of three that come with the chips and an Acuna.  The pack came with this Mike Trout, Xander Bogaerts and Nelson Cruz.  The plastic on the packs is clear so you can tell what cards are in the packs.  That made this one appealing as I really wanted a Trout.  This is the most I've paid for a card in many years.  The fact Bogaerts was in the pack as well was a excellent bonus.  
 This Acuna Jr. was a single I picked up.  I really liked the photo and of course Acuna is so so good.  His card wasn't cheap but definitely not in the Mike Trout range.  
I really like the design and think it is much better than this year's flagship design.  The logo, slight border and the way the team and player's names are presented is pretty simple but makes for a nice card.
The checklist has 100 players so you are just looking at the key players from the league.  That's also appealing to me even though there aren't standard "packs" to rip.    
The backs are pretty much copies of the standard Topps design but UTZ is added above the number.  These are fun cards and I really like the design.  I may or may not pick up more but I'll definitely be looking.  

6 comments:

  1. Is there specific advertising as to the cards on the front of the bags of chips? Our Winn Dixie’s carry a variety of Utz chips but while they have the official chip of MLB plug on the front, none with the cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is. Go to the link below and it shows a photo of an Utz snack pack that has a baseball and text stating there are Limited Edition Topps baseball cards inside. https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2020-topps-utz-baseball-cards

      Delete
    2. Thanks. That could be why I wasn’t finding them. We have the family sized bags but I don’t believe I’ve seen the 12 and 24 count ones.

      Delete
  2. Sadly, none out here on the West Coast as I’d like to pick up a pack or two. Cool pick ups for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like regional card issues but it does stink when you aren't in the region. Thanks!

      Delete