Thursday, June 4, 2020

Master & Apprentice - A Star Wars Book

Star Wars Master & Apprentice:  I really enjoyed this book.  So much so that I took a good part of Saturday on the porch to finish it.  Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi are favorites of mine from the prequels so I was really looking forward to this book.  It didn't disappoint.  It follows them both on an assignment to a system where a Jedi, a friend of Qui-Gon's, has already been in place for some time.  The dynamics between the two play a big part as does the master-apprentice relationship of our two stars.  I really enjoyed seeing more of what made these two so good together as well as each as individuals.  The ancillary characters in the book do a nice job of rounding things out but these guys are definitely the highlight.  Some groundwork is laid for the prequels as well.  We see some insight into the Jedi Council as well as Dooku that give you food for thought.  This is one of my favorite Star Wars books ever and I'm not even sure if there is a Star Wars book ahead of it.  

2 comments:

  1. Kenobi is definitely one of my favorite prequel characters. He's got a great sense of humor and is super patient. I'm pretty sure he smoked out a lot when he wasn't fighting droids.

    Dooku is one of those characters I've always been more curious about. I'd love to see a movie or a cartoon episode dedicated to him and the transition from jedi to Sidious's apprentice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting this insight into characters, plots and the Star Wars universe as a whole is always such fun. And yeah Kenobi rocks.

      Delete