Sunday, January 19, 2014

REVIEW: Lone Survivor Movie

 
Was able to catch the movie Lone Survivor yesterday here in town.  I enjoyed the movie quite a bit.  The movie follows four Navy Seals on a mission to find a top terrorist leader.  The mission goes awry when goat herders come across the Seal team which must then decide what to do with the civilians.  Their decision has many consequences.  I have a great respect for the special operations community and the Seals are right there as elite members of that group.  I put this movie right there with Black Hawk Down which is one of my all-time favorites.  The movie takes some liberties of course but it doesn't diminish how good it is.  Go see the movie.  Tons of action.  Great view of how folks like the Seals operate.  I think you'll like it. 

Like Black Hawk Down this one is based on a book that chronicles the action in much more detail.  I recommend the book to anyone that enjoyed the movie or likes military history.  The details are amazing and show a whole other side that you can't get watching the movie.  A must read.  In fact I just sent it to my dad for his birthday.  Everyone enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment