Saturday, April 18, 2015

2015 Topps Gypsy Queen

The Topps Gypsy Queen is the one baseball retro products I really enjoy.  Even though there is a lack of action shots the look and feel of the design and photos is a big hit with me.  I grabbed a pack of the 2105 Gypsy Queen from Target that contained three packs (six cards each) and three framed cards.  Doesn't look like I got any of the short print or variations.  There are also plenty inserts though the only one I pulled was the Astros throwback card.  I like it when throwback jerseys are featured but these are in black and white which seems to negate some of the fun of seeing these great old styles.  Still I enjoyed the cards with my favorite being the Lou Gehrig card.  This is an iconic pose and a card I'll keep for my collection.  Another nice offering from Topps. 

1 comment:

  1. Going black and white on the Queen's Throwbacks was a serious mistake. Hey - visually, in the general sense, it's beautiful. But in the idea to highlight the uniform on the front, it's dreadful at best.

    ReplyDelete