Saturday, October 3, 2015

Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens Trading Cards

Grabbed a couple of packs of the Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens trading cards.  Two key thoughts to this set.  The price point of $4.98 for 14 cards is too high.  You can get 30 Topps football or 40 Donruss football cards for the same price so I don't get why these have to be so expensive.  My other takeaway is the base cards are pretty blah.  While they hearken back to to older Star Wars cards it seems like we've seen this set before.  That said I'm a huge Star Wars fan and was very excited going in and maybe I was expecting too much.  The inserts and many parallel colors are OK but nothing with these cards just wowed me.  I'm not saying these aren't good they just don't do anything for me.  There is of course some good here.  I like the puzzle pieces that are on the back of the cards and of course seeing photos of characters and scenes from the upcoming movie.  I pulled Death Star silver, Jabba Slime Green, and Black Starfield colored parallel cards.  I also pulled a concept art card, sticker card, and Heroes of the Resistance card.  The sticker was pretty cool but didn't take up much of the card and the concept art card is also very nice.  I doubt I'll pick up more of these.  Just not enough wow factor.  I will seek out other reviews to see if maybe I'm missing something.  I hope others do enjoy the set and I do think it helps build the excitement for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 




No comments:

Post a Comment