Tuesday, April 11, 2017

2017 Donruss Baseball Cards

These are the 2017 Donruss baseball cards.  I like the base designs.  These harken back to past sets put out with this one actually reminding me of the 1988 Fleer baseball cards.  Not important as these are nice looking cards.  As always with Donruss nowadays there is the distraction of not having the license for the teams.  That stinks but I've learned to get past it.   
The designs on the back aren't bad but I really think just a bit of color could have made them sooo much better.  So they get the ole neck shrug from me.  I was pretty happy with my pull as well.  Baseball sets can be pretty huge so you never know what you might get.   
Some of the cards featured retired players on the current design as well as on cards with the 1983 Donruss look.  Current players also were featured on the 1983 designs.  That set isn't one of my favorites but I'm as nostalgic as the next guy and enjoyed these cards too.  I also pulled a relic card.  Not bad looking and Reed is a rookie this year.  Nice cards.  I won't go looking for these cards but if they happen to be there for me I will definitely consider picking up more.   
A.J. Reed Diamond Collection Relics Card

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you. If I found a highly discounted box, I'd pick one up (just because I love busting packs), but I'm not going out of my way to look for this stuff.

    ReplyDelete