Monday, March 12, 2018

1985 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Set

More team sets and more Creamsicle greatness as I show off the 1985 Topps Tampa Bay team set.  This set highlights the 1984 team that went 6-10 and out of the playoffs.  The team was quarterbacked by Steve DeBerg.  He would eventually cede the positions to Steve Young in '86.  James Wilder had a great year rushing for 1,544 yards and 13 touchdowns while hauling in a team leading 85 receptions.  Kevin House led the team with just over 1,000 receiving yards.  Lee Roy Selmon led the team in sacks and was also a pro bowler along with Wilder.  
This set has a landscape design which isn't a favorite of mine.  No action shots and the cards just seem a bit cramped.  These also don't showcase the unis I love so much.  The only action shot comes from a team card that is ok but not great.  I am happy with having my all-time favorites Kevin House, James Wilder and Lee Roy Selmon in this set.  Not one of my favorite sets but I'll definitely be happy to add this to my Buc's team set collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment