Sunday, July 29, 2018

2006 Topps Atlanta Falcons Team Set

This 2006 Topps team set of the 8-8 2005 Atlanta Falcons.  Michael Vick wasn't quite the force on the ground as he was in 2004 and Falcons were not a playoff team.  Warrick Dunn rushed for over 1400 yards but only had three touchdowns on the ground.  Alge Crumpler once again led the team in receptions and yards receiving.  Both were selected to the Pro Bowl.  Star linebacker Keith Brooking was once again a Pro Bowl selection as well.    
Another "All-Pro" card here.  Ugh.  Still I'll be happy just having Pro Bowl cards in the set.  I like this Dunn card.
Overall this is a solid design and I will probably look for a few more singles from this set.
Pro Bowler Roderick Coleman was left out of this set.  He led the team with 10.5 sacks.  The backs are a bit bland but I won't complain any.  I've seen much worse.  Of course Matt Schuab gets another card and threw for a whopping 495 yards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment