Saturday, May 18, 2019

2019 Topps Big League Baseball w/Artist's Rendition

After seeing everyone else open packs of these 2019 Topps Big League Baseball I had to go out and grab a pack.  I really like these cards.  The design is so much better than the 2018 Topps Big League Baseball which I'm not fond of.  The flag and wood grain highlight give us a simple but cool front for the cards.  Honestly I could see this as a successful flagship look.
I did buck the odds and pulled an Artist Rendition #/50 of Ehire Adrianza.  While Adrianza is a journeyman I had never heard of it is still a fun card to pull.
 I think the photos are great and there are a few that aren't just the standard baseball shots.  I really like the Miguel Cabrera card.  He just looks like he is having fun and it shows him in the field.
The Stat Kings is one of the gold parallels in my pack.  Nice photo on the Kiko Goodrum card.
These inserts are all pretty nice.  The Wall Climbers is a great concept and the Nicknames cards are really fun.
This set has a 400 card base set which is twice the size of Opening Day which is also a good option for the low end of the baseball collecting spectrum.  So plenty more cards to pull here for those wanting more than just the stars.  I'm very happy with this this year's set and I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a hobby box.  

Another photo that stood out to me.  Between the alternate diamondback logos and non-jersey this is pretty cool.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
1 - RC
3 – Gold Parallels
2 – Stat King
1 – Blast Off!
1 - Highlights
1 – Nicknames
1 – Wall Climbers
1 – Artist Rendition #/50

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you in liking the Big League cards for this year. To be honest, for the cards that I can afford to purchase on a regular basis, these are the best cards of the year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on board with that sentiment. I'm a fan of Opening Day but this design is too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bubblegum shot of Adrianza. Congratulations on the pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Little things like that in photos make them unique and fun.

      Delete
  4. This seems to be one of those sets that people either really love, or really hate, at least that's what I've been able to gleam from Twitter. That Artist's rendition sure is an attractive card, even if I too hadn't ever heard of the player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have been nice if it was a name player but I can't complain.

      Delete