Saturday, June 22, 2019

2019 Panini Contenders Draft Picks Football Blaster w/2 Autos

I'm a big fan of the Contenders brand so finding this 2019 Panini Contenders Draft Picks Football blaster was a fun surprise.  I'm good with the overall look of these but no matter how clear the player's names are on the scans that is not how they appear in person.  They are so small and being foil they are near impossible to read.  The team name is the same.  Still I like the college unis on current and past greats.  That's definitely a big draw for me.  These blasters come with two autos with mine being later round picks in the draft.  I never complain.  You don't know how players will do in the future and for me it is just pretty cool.  Mine were D'Andre Walker (Michigan) and Christian Miller (Alabama) and are shown farther down below.  I got a Wolverine which is a first for me. 
  I probably like the retired greats' cards more than anything.  So fun seeing these guys in their college unis.
Doesn't mean I don't like seeing current stars in their college attire.  We get so used to seeing them in their NFL uniforms and this gives us a different look at the player and a look at some of those cool unis.
The backs are colorful with typical information and write-ups which are fine with me.  I like the backs due to the nice color and team logo.  Font size is small but I always say that.  Inserts aren't bad but not overly exciting.  I do like seeing the full photos on the Game Day Ticket inserts.
The section number is the player's weight, the row is his height (61 = 6 feet 1 inch) and the seat is their jersey number.
Overall a fun box.  With two autos per box the price tag doesn't seem so tough.  The number of autographs in this set is quite large so getting a big name may be a chore but it is still fun chasing them.  Unless these just dry up it won't be my last look at these cards.
Nice looking autograph cards.  Not on card autos but I do like the card as a whole. 

Tom Terrific in those great Michigan unis.

BREAKDOWN:
2019 Contenders Draft Picks
42 – Total Cards
6 – Retired Greats
2 – Game Day Ticket
2 – College Ticket Autographs
1 – Connections
1 – Legacy
1 – Draft Class of 2019

6 comments:

  1. These types of blasters despite the two autographs are tough to pull the tops ones. I think panini saves the best for hobby and the overrun ones for these blasters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think Panini doesn't do that to us. But you just never know how these guys will turn out even if the odds are against them. No matter it is fun knowing you have two autos in each box.

      Delete
  2. Card companies are stepping up their game with two guaranteed autographs per blaster box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great. There's plenty of players who sign that there is plenty to go around.

      Delete
  3. Like you, I prefer the retired greats, so much so, that I keep hoping they'll just devote an entire set to those guys. And it was pretty cool that you were able to get base cards of both Barry and Bo in the same box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting both those greats was awesome. I'm on board with a set dedicated to retired greats. Seems like collectors would go for it.

    ReplyDelete