Saturday, July 20, 2019

2019 Topps Allen & Ginter

Allen & Ginter is always a fun product with their diversity in subjects.  I won't pick up a lot of it due to the price point but I do like grabbing a pack to see what it has to offer.  This 2019 Topps Allen & Ginter pack was fun but not much wow factor.  This card of Vincent Stio, a 10 year-old who loves umpiring is a great example of how you'll see topics aside from standard baseball players within this set.  I'm all for it.  The design here is solid classic look and I like it.  The backs have the standard stats written out which is standard for this set.
    A few retired greats here help this pack out.  I seem to pull a ton of Cal though I'm sure I don't have as many as I think.  Luis Gonzalez helped power the 2001 Diamondbacks to their only World Championship and finished with over 2500 hits!  Nice career.
This History of Flight card has pretty cool art and speaks to the Boeing 707.  Overall I like these cards and will probably pick up some singles from the set.  There are plenty of retired greats to choose from and I'd like to pick up the Jose Canseco in his Tampa Bay Devil Rays jersey among others.

This is my mini from the pack.  I don't care for minis but I know going in there will always be one in my pack. 

BREAKDOWN:
6 – Total Cards
1 – Mini
1 – History of Flight
2 – Retired Greats

2 comments:

  1. I saw some blasters yesterday... but ended up passing on them. There are a few cards I want for my collection, but I'll probably just end up buying them individually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. I like the cards but for the price point it is hard to just pick the packs up regularly. Like you'll I'll pick up some singles.

      Delete