Sunday, May 17, 2020

2018 Victory Lane Racing Blaster

2018 Victory Lane:  Had this for a while now but with NASCAR up and running again today let's do this.  These blasters come with 10 cards and you are guaranteed an auto or relic.  Pulling a Dale Eanrhardt Jr. card is always a good start.  Always a fan favorite I'm glad he is at least still around as an anaylyst for NBC.
The base design isn't bad.  I think I would have preferred more casual photos around the garage or by the car but that isn't what this brand is about.  The backs are fine though some simple stats would have been a great add.  
I like these Past Winners cards.  These show the drivers after they've won a race which is always a fun moment.
Bill Elliott was one of the most liked drivers ever.  I like that this set includes retired greats.  This was a good blaster of a set I've never seen before.  Getting only 10 cards makes the price point tough.  I won't grab more blasters but I can see me picking up some singles.

Brandon Jones isn't exactly the auto or relic I was looking for but who knows.  He's only 23 and already had one win in this year's shortened Xfinity series season.  We'll see what he can do back on the track.  This is a green parallel #/99.  The scan barely shows the green outline around the two relic portions.

BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
4 – Past Winners
3 – Retired Greats
1 – NASCAR at 70
1 – Silver Parallel
1 – Pedal to the Metal
1 - Race Ready Dual Materials Green #/99







7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wasn't the most exciting race of all time but I did enjoy it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I don’t know much about racing cards, but the relics always seek neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them. Ususally part of their suits or even tire rubber. I think there have been some with parts of the car as well.

      Delete
  3. Pulling a patch out of a blaster is quite a rarity. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete