Tuesday, June 9, 2020

1999 Fleer Tradition Football

1999 Fleer Tradition:  I recently purchased quite a few individual card packs from a seller on eBay.  It is a great way to see some sets I've never seen before.  First up is this Barry Sanders card with a good look at his eyes as he sizes up who to run by next.
Another couple of nice photos and stars.  Bruce Smith tracking the running back is a great shot.  I like the Tim Brown card as well even if it isn't action oriented.
The backs are nice and colorful.  There are also plenty of stats here to enjoy.  The photo is also different from the front offering.  I like it.
The overall design is nice.  The script used for the team name is annoying.  A team logo in place of the NFC and AFC logos would have been nice but overall plenty of room for the photos to shine.
The text on the front of the cards is either red for players on AFC teams or silver for players on NFC teams.  At first I thought the AFC cards were red parallels but there are no red parallels in this set.
 Can't complain about my one insert.  Holt was a 7X Pro-Bowler, 1X All-Pro and big part of the Rams lone Super Bowl win.  These are some nice cards and I'm extremely happy with my pull.  I wouldn't hesitate to get more of these.

 And I get a Jerry Rice!

BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
1 – Rookie Sensations

10 comments:

  1. Great action shots on the Sanders and Rice. The Holt is a nice pull too. I hope he gets into Canton sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His name keeps popping up. Hopefully sooner than later.

      Delete
  2. Awesome pack of cards! I really like that Barry Sanders card. Even though I am a die hard Steelers fan and collector, Sanders is one of my favorite backs of all time. He was also the first non Steelers player that I collected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry's hard to not like no matter who you root for. He's become a guy I keep as well.

      Delete
  3. Yep, killer Sanders for sure! Love that you can so clearly see his facial expression as he decides who to carve up next. Awesome pack, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a fun pack. I love opening cards I've never seen before. That defense was definitely in for a long day...

      Delete
  4. Geez, this pack was loaded! And I agree with everyone else about the greatness that is that Sanders card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the action shots on these. I remember breaking a few packs of it myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first pack of these and I'm really enjoying the photos. Fleer did well with this set.

      Delete