Tuesday, September 8, 2026

2026 Buffalo Bills Preview

 The 2025 Buffalo Bills were good.  Like really good.  The offense was 4th in points scored though the defense was 12th in points given up.  They could stop the pass but not the run.  And again, couldn't get over the playoff hump losing to the Broncos 33-30 in the Divisional round.   This led them to fire coach Sean McDermott who went 98 and 50 with the Bills.  They made it to two Conference Finals during his tenure.  Ownership gets the need to succeed during the now 30-year-old quarterback's time with the Team.

Offensive coordinator Joe Brady is the new coach.  I think this is risky.  The offense is so good.  DJ Moore was the big acquisition on offense.  I'm pretty "meh" about picking him up.  The team needed a top receiver, but I see him more as a #2 guy.  They added help along the defensive line and in the secondary but not many more impact moves.  Buffalo is also changing defensive schemes.

To me this all just means a lot of unknowns.  It feels like they'll be relying on Josh Allen again whatever success they have.  The AFC has seen Denver and New England ascend and you have to think Baltimore and Cincy are better this season.  Just a lot of unknowns.  It could work out for the better, and I'm assuming they get to 12 wins again.  Maybe with some luck they win more.  I know it's easy for me to sound doom and gloom but there is hope the new coaching staff get Buffalo over the hump.  As long as Josh Allen is healthy, they will be good.  They just need to make the right tweaks and be better enough to get to the Super Bowl or the team and fans will once again be disappointed.
And Buffalo is moving into a new stadium this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment