Saturday, October 22, 2011

2011 Topps Football Cards Review

I like many others was big into the trading card craze when it went nuts in the 80's and 90's.  I tended towards the sports genre but also enjoyed non-sports cards as well.  At this point in life I don't get to pick up too many cards or packs nowadays but do on occasion.  More often than not they end up as a bookmark.  The other day I picked up a pack of 2011 Topps football.  I must say I am very impressed.  The design was simple, the pictures very nice, and the back was the old standby of stats, bio and short write-up.  Adrian Peterson was the big grab with Champ Bailey also being a nice looking card.  The name of the plaer was at the bottom of the card curved towards a nice spotlight of the team's logo.  Also in the pack was a Super Bowl Legends insert of Jim Plunkett.  I really enjoy cards that tend towards retired players or past games/achievements but I thought it was somewhat plain and could have been done better.  Still that didnt' change what I thought of the pack I pulled.  A very good effort by Topps.     

No comments:

Post a Comment