Saturday, January 12, 2013

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Denver-Baltimore - Denver has looked good all year.  Manning has enough weapons on offense and a line that I think they can score on Baltimore's defense.  The Denver defense is good and should have a nice showing against the Ravens offense.  Speaking of, the Baltimore offense has not been very consistent.  I like Denver to be in control of the game for the most part and get Manning's first playoff win as a Denver Bronco.

Green Bay-San Francisco - Green Bay wins this one.  I liked the Colin Kaepernick move by the 49ers but I can't say it has been a big plus for them.  He adds the ability to run and create like Alex Smith can't but he hasn't shown he can throw with the consistency Smith does.  Long term he is probably their quarterback but I don't think he has the experience needed for the 49ers to advance.  Green Bay is playing very well and I just can't pick against the Packers here.  The 49ers defense will be stout but I still think Rogers will lead Green Bay to the win. 

Seattle-Atlanta - This should be a great game.  Seattle comes in with lots of momentum, a hot rookie quarterback, good defense and a nice running game.  I believe the running game may be the key here.  Atlanta's new look offense can score but they'll need to be on the field to do it.  If Seattle runs up and down the field on the Atlanta defense, which is a possibility, the Falcons may be looking at another disappointing post season.  As is I think Atlanta wins a close game.  Their defense is average but will keep them in just enough for the offense to get the win for them.  I think Atlanta has finally matured enough to advance in the playoffs. 

Houston-New England - Houston hasn't looked right since they were trounced by Green Bay.  New England wasn't any nicer to them.  They also looked bad last week though they did pull out a win against Indy.  I also can't pick against Tom Brady yet.  New England's defense is suspect but Brady and the offense is as potent as ever.  I'll take the Pats all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment