Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all.  I had a wonderful New Years Eve.  The wife and I hid out in a hotel in town for two nights.  Can't say we did much of anything other than just enjoy some quiet time with each other.  We did the same thing last year but only spent one night.  It is good for us as a couple.  We can get away from the youngins for a little bit which is always good for us.  One of the things we've enjoyed over the years is the Twilight Zone marathon on FX.  Easy fair that is fun to watch.  Some of those episodes were years ahead of their time.  I think every couple should get away from time to time to enjoy some time away from our busy lives.

Not sure what to expect of 2013 though there is plenty on our plate.  We have our three oldest living at home but we think that will change this year.  Our 17 year-old (mine) who lives with her mom close to here will be graduating from high school and moving on to college.  Her goal is to be a lawyer so we have our fingers crossed.  No matter what this year brings the our main goal will be getting each youngin ready for their next chapter in life.   

Personally I always strive to be a better person.  I'm pretty critical of myself with much of it deserved.  Just have to work on some of the little petty things to help me be a better husband, father, friend and human.  Pretty heady stuff.  Hopefully I can do a better job of it than I have in years past.  I wish the best in 2013 for all those I know and love.  I'm always optimistic (no matter what the wife thinks) so I have no doubt 2013 will be a good year.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment