Saturday, June 13, 2015

Atlanta Hawks Unveil New Logo


The Atlanta Hawks have unveiled new logos.  The primary logo is in the same vein of what we've seen from Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Philly and Toronto.  It is a solid logo that has the new "Pac Man" style Hawks logo.  Some done care for or are just confused by the "Basketball Club" portion but I'm good with it.  This logo is simple and sharp to me.  I like it.  The partial primary is also a good logo.  Most Hawks fans yearn for the old Pac Man logo and this does a decent job of updating it while staying true to the past.  The secondary logo?  I'm not sure Atlanta isn't paying royalties to Aerosmith for this one.  I can't say I'm a huge fan of this one but I've seen worse.  It also doesn't just remind me of the Hawks.  I'll probably see it at some point and wonder who it is for.  The Hawks will also introduce new uniforms prior to the upcoming draft.  Being a uniform geek I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.  I'm also not a fan of the current uniform further fueling my anticipation.  I'm sure the new logos are a hint to something simple with white and red at the forefront. 
Partial
Secondary

No comments:

Post a Comment