Saturday, April 9, 2016

2016 Topps Heritage Baseball Cards

I did it to myself again.  Again!  And I know I will every year and every year I'll be disappointed.  I picked up the 2016 Topps Heritage baseball cards.  I've never cared for these cards.  The designs on older Topps baseball sets don't exactly thrill me.  This set is based on their 1967 design and it isn't half bad.  But as with most of the heritage sets it is the photos that drive me crazy.  They are almost all head shots/non-action photos.  Action shots are what the base Topps baseball sets do so well.  I get they want to keep up with how the original set looks but it just isn't for me.  I think this set will work for anyone who enjoys the Heritage line.  This year there are many nice inserts and subsets including "Mint" cards that include an actual 1967 coin on the card, cards with stamps from 1967, and minis to name just a few.  There are also the relics and autographs you see in so many sets.  Bottom line for me is I think those who like these particular types of cards will be very happy.  Nice set design and great inserts with a throwback design.  It just isn't my thing.  Tune in 365 days from now for a similar post...  And a Che Guevara card?  Really?  


No comments:

Post a Comment