Monday, February 5, 2018

Eagles Win Super Bowl in a Thriller

What a great game.  I like defense as much as the next guy but this game kept me on my toes and I never knew which way it was going to go.  And with all that offense it came down to the only sack of the game and a Tom Brady fumble.  Wow.  Give it to Nick Foles and the Eagles - they deserved this championship.  For New England, Tom Brady gave it everything he had, everything, and still came up short.  Tells you what kind of game that was.  I mean Philly went for it on 4th down in two situations where if they don't make it, there are huge repercussions - you either take points off the board or you give New England the ball with great field position with a chance to sew up the game.  
Doug Pederson has guts, the likes of which we may never see again in a Super Bowl.  I was beside myself when he made each of those calls because of what was on the line each time.  And he threw it to his quarterback for a touchdown in the first instance - what?  Great stuff.  You have to be excited for Philly for getting their first Super Bowl win.  Doesn't get much better than that for an NFL franchise who has been around as long as them.  My man crush aside, I can't be sad for Brady and the Pats.  Brady played out of his mind and they had a chance at the end.  In fact who didn't think they were gonna march down the field and take back the d game to watch which is all we can ask for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment