Friday, September 28, 2018

Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. 1:24 Chevrolet Camaro

Though I don't talk about it much I do follow NASCAR.  It is tough to watch as many races as I'd like but I'm always talking to my pop about the sport which helps.  I don't have much 1:24 scale but I do have some of the Air Force sponsored cars which I've always followed just due to my time in the service.  This year rookie Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. got me excited so I ordered this car way back in January.
Wallace is only 27th in the standings through 28 races but still he is an up and comer so I'm hoping for better results in the future.  His best finish was his 2nd at the Daytona 500, the first, and most prestigious race of the year.


This car has the standard paint finish.  I really like the details on the cars.  This one is still on the base but a few screws will free it or it can be left there.  While you can order cars early in the year, most aren't produced until later in the year.  Some are actually never produced due to lack of demand or other reasons.  This one arrived late last month.


There is also a Daytona raced version that is planned.  This will include the dents, scratches and tire marks incurred during the race.  If I'd waited a bit I might have gone with that version instead of this one.  Doesn't mean I won't add it as well sometime.  The 1:24 cost approximately $55 and the 1:64 $10.

I also grabbed the 1:64 scale of the same car.  I'm very happy with both cars.  They do a great job on NASCAR diecast nowadays.  It is hard to complain too much.    

  • Racing Series: NASCAR Cup Series
  • Driver: Darrell Wallace
  • Model Year: 2018
  • Sponsor: AIR FORCE
  • Car Make: Chevrolet
  • Car Model: Camaro
  • Scale: 1:24-scale
  • Finish: Standard
  • Production Quantity: 949

6 comments:

  1. Cool car. They really put the extra time into the fine details. That "raced" version sounds pretty sweet. Can't wait to see how that one turns out if you end up purchasing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm hoping I'll be able to pick one up and show it off. :)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy collecting NASCAR die-cast, but the cost and storage space are hard to justify at times. I also like collecting military-themed paint schemes. I haven't picked up a Darrell Wallace car yet, but I'd like to soon. My collection is mostly Danica Patrick cars, with a few Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Josh Wise cars on the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of the 1:64 Danica Patrick as well. I was sorry to see her leave the sport but I understood why. My pop has some Jr. 1:24 including some I've gotten him. Like you these take a back seat to my other hobbies. So far I've been able to display my 1:24 at work but I know that won't always be the case.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking car! I used to follow NASCAR quite a bit but do not nearly as much now. Do you collect cards from NASCAR?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few cards from NASCAR including a hobby box I broke but have never posted. Try to pick my favorite drivers who Rusty Wallace, Danica Patrick, Jimmy Spencer, Ward Burton and Bubba Wallace Jr. but really I have very few.

      Delete