Sunday, September 30, 2018

Random Wax: 2016 Panini Football

This pack of 2016 Panini Football was a lot of fun.  I found it at a reduced price at the local Wal-Mart.  The John Elway Decorated insert is great.  It shows him in the Bronco's orange uniform he wore for a large part of his career.  I've always been a huge fan and it is fun finding cards of his.  This one is particularly nice.  It is a good looking card and a nice photo.
  Seemed to be plenty of star power in this set.  This Antonio Brown card is a Templar foil parallel.  Tough to tell in the photo I know and believe me it is way too much work to figure out what a Chainmail Armor, Knight's Templar, or Shining Armor parallel is.  They aren't numbered so it takes some work.  It shouldn't be that tough.
That Cowboys uniform is probably my favorite though the blue Cowboys jersey, though I'm in the minority on them, are also a big favorite.  The borders take up a bit much of these cards but there is still a aesthetic here that I like even if the design is a bit overdone.
Darius Jackson has yet to play in the NFL but he is from where I live which is great.  I've been picking up his cards as I can but it is nice getting a parallel of one right out of a pack.  Come to think of it, this is the first of his I've pulled.  Sweet.  I like this Knight School card from Jared Goff.
BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
3 – RC
2 – Templar Foil
1 – Retired Great
1 – Decorated

No comments:

Post a Comment