Friday, November 9, 2018

Random Wax: 2017-2018 Contenders Basketball w/Auto

I'm a big fan of these 2017-2018 Panini Contenders basketball cards and didn't pass up a random pack when I found it.  I enjoy the design and star power this set delivers so I'll probably always gravitate towards them.  This year's set comes out just after Christmas and hopefully I'll be lucky enough to pick some up so thereafter.


Anthony Davis is a stud and fun to watch so I was happy to grab not one but three of his cards.  This set has variations of some of the players on base cards which have a different photo on the front.  Fun finds in the pack.
 
A ton of star power here.  I was amazed pulling big name after big name.  

Another A.D. card!  Some nice inserts in this set as well.

My auto was Dakota Mathias who did not catch on with an NBA team and signed to play with a Spanish team. 

BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
2 – Retired Greats
1 – Game Ticket Red Parallel
1 – Winning Tickets
1 – Playing the Numbers Game
1 – Hall of Fame
1 – Rookie Ticket Autograph

2 comments:

  1. This is actually the first 2018-19 set, I got a blaster as well. Not a fan of ncaa but since I knew there was NBA content I had to get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not an NCAA basketball guy either. I do like the NCAA football in contenders. Not sure why the difference in my thinking. Back to this set I definitely like the NBA guys .

      Delete