Thursday, February 21, 2019

Random Wax: 2018 Topps Big League Baseball

This Mike Trout Ministers of Mash finally gave me something to be excited for when it comes to Panini's 2018 Big League Baseball.  I really like the card and Trout is my favorite player in the sport today.  Still these cards are touted as entry level cards and I don't get it.  The gray borders don't have much appeal, the price point isn't any better and I haven't seen anything that makes this better than Opening Day which at least has fun elements to their cards.  I've seen worse but I'm just not digging these cards.
 My pull overall was good but not great.  I'm always happy to add future hall of famer  and personal collection guy Adrian Beltre to my cards though.
I also like the nickname variation cards which come one in every three packs.  In the two packs I've opened I've pulled one of these in each.  The Sean Newcomb was also a fun pull as he was a key player for the Braves this year.
Another Atlanta Brave pops up on the National League Hits Leader card in the form of Ender Inciarte.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
4 – RC
3 – Gold Parallel
2 – Stat Kings
1 – Players Weekend Nickname Variation
1 – Ministers of Mash

2 comments:

  1. Solid design. I was also impressed with some of their photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The photography in this set is good and I need to give it credit for that.

    ReplyDelete