Tuesday, March 26, 2019

2019 Boston Red Sox Quick Look

World Series Champions!  Doesn't get better than that right?  No, no it doesn't.  The Boston Red Sox were the best team in the majors last year and the title was well deserved.  Even better the offseason saw almost no disruption to the roster so you have to think things can be just as good as last year.  It usually doesn't work that way but you have to think the BoSox will be battling the Yanks for the Division title come September and who would really be surprised if they made another trip to the World Series?  There are plenty of teams in their way but they can match up with any of them.  It is a long season ahead so anything can happen.  It is rare I go into a season this calm about my team but again there is much to like...no love...about this team and I'm hoping they do something they haven't since 1915 and 1916 - get to the World Series in back to back years.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be rooting for my Athletics... but in all honesty... if the Red Sox go back to the World Series in 2019, I'd be okay with that too. This is gonna sound insane... or maybe petty... but I'd be happy with just about anyone from the American League making it except for the Yankees. They've won way too many already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. I did forget to mention Craig Kimbrel leaving. That is a concern for sure. None of those contending for the 9th inning have closer stamped on their head.

    ReplyDelete