Sunday, April 7, 2019

2018 Donruss NASCAR Race Kings-Queens Set

I'm a Diamond Kings/Court Kings/Race Kings kind of a guy so the opportunity to pick up these 2018 Donruss NASCAR Race Kings-Queens set on eBay for cheap was a no brainer.  I thought they did a good job with the 2018 set though it really isn't that different from the 2017 offering.  Kyle Larson is a young driver I like who has finished in the top 10 of the season standings three seasons in a row.  He is 12th going into today's race at Bristol.  
Of course all the heavy hitters are represented including these now retired greats of the sport.
Kevin Harvick is a perennial contender for the cup title and is currently 3rd in the standings.  I've had luck of late finding complete subsets or insert sets on eBay for decent prices.  This one ran me just under $6 shipped and is definitely better than chasing individual cards.
  

This set contained 25 total cards.  Martin Truex Jr. (below) was the reigning champion and I'm a bit surprised he wasn't the #1 card in the set.  Seems like a good idea and they could actually order them by finish in the previous season. 

Danica Patrick was of course afforded the Race Queens title for her card.  The 2019 Race Kings design is drastically different and will also have retired greats.  Can't wait to see those in hand. 

BREAKDOWN:
25 - Total Cards

2 comments:

  1. Not a NASCAR guy... but if I were, I'd be all over this set. Solid design.

    ReplyDelete