Saturday, April 13, 2019

Detlef Schrempf eBay Card Lot Purchase

The NBA playoffs start today so how better to kick today off than with a lot of Detlef Schrempf cards I recently purchased on eBay.  I was able to pick up 55 cards for just under $6.  Win!  I've just started paying more attention to my favorite players/personal collection guys and my Detlef collection was sorely lacking.  He's a top 10 all-time favorite NBA guy for me.  He was fun to watch, an easy person to root for and man can he rock the flat top.  Plenty of great and fun cards here.  Enjoy!      
Schrempf was a great player in my opinion.  He was a small forward who for his career averaged 13.9 PPG, 6.2 RPG and 3.4 APG over 16 seasons.  His season career highs were 19.2 PPG in 94-95 for Seattle, 9.6 RPG in 91-92 for Indiana, and 6.0 APG for Indiana in 92-93.
He is also someone who has used his place in life to help others which is wonderful.  He has been very charitable away from the court trying to help those who need it.  Good on him.   
A three-time all-star Schrempf was also named 3rd Team All-NBA in 94-95 for the SuperSonics.  He was also named the NBA's 6th Man of the Year twice in 90-91 and 91-92 while playing for Indiana.
I think his skills really would have translated well into today's NBA.  He could put the ball on the floor, rebound and pass as well as score.  Definitely a guy who would could help facilitate an offense with his skills.
In Seattle he started to shoot more 3's averaging two a game for the SuperSonics shooting 41% from the arc while in Seattle.  That included shooting 51% on 181 3's in 94-95.  
He played a total of 114 playoff games and reached the finals once with the 95-96 Supersonics.  Nice looking jumpshot, photobomb by Larry Legend, and I think the only smile I've seen, so far, on a card.
COMC is a great resource but eBay is still where I pick up sets and subsets for cheaper.  I know that isn't always true, and I just recently picked up a 12 card set on COMC for much less than I could find it on eBay.  This was a great buy and very happy to finally have a Detlef Schrempf collection worth showing off.

Go Trail Blazers!






BREAKDOWN:
55 – Total Cards
34 – Seattle Supersonics
19 – Indiana Pacers
2 – Portland Trail Blazers

6 comments:

  1. Schrempf was the man. Enjoyed watching him during his Pacers and Sonics years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schrempf was a stud!One of my favs and a great player to collect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so good. I'm digging these cards and can't wait to chase more.

      Delete
    2. Agreed and glad to hear others enjoy collecting him too!

      Delete
  3. I like this post a lot... it's not everyday that you see the contents of Detlef lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I do need to pay more attention to my player collections more.

      Delete