Friday, October 11, 2019

Random Wax: 2018-2019 Donruss Basketball

2018-2019 Donruss Basketball:  A set I enjoy this is always an easy one pack to pick up when I see them.  This one is headlined by LeBron James who has another super weapon next to him this year in Anthony Davis.  I'm definitely curious to see how the Lakers look this year.
The Beard and Dwyane Wade are two more big names from the pack while Og Anunoby was a part of the the Champion Toronto Raptors.
Inserts are a nice part of this set.  Here I find my lone Atlanta Hawk and KAT on an insert card.  The Rookie Kings design isn't my favorite I'll admit but it is an orange parallel #/125.
More big names here help this pack.  Joel Embiid is one of the premier big men in the league while Marc Gasol won a championship in Toronto last year after being traded by the Grizzlies.  Blake Griffin is a beast.  He is so athletic and is now shooting threes like nobodies business.  On seven attempts per game last year he hit 36% of his shots from behind the arc.  I really hope he can stay healthy which has always been the big concern with him.

Another fun pack of this brand.  Plenty of star power and a fun design.  I will rarely hesitate to pick these up when the opportunity arises.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – Rated Rookie
1 – Court Kings
1 – Fantasy Stars
1 – Rookie Kings Press Proof Orange #/125

4 comments:

  1. I like the Miami Vice vibe that Klay insert gives off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the right colors to inspire memories of Miami Vice. 😎

      Delete
  2. With the sets being relatively small, Panini does a good job of making sure that the packs will contain names that even the most casual fan will recognize... a smart business practice on their part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I know some folks love the big sets but ensuring I see some star power helps a lot!

      Delete