Wednesday, October 23, 2019

2019 Topps Update Carl Yastrzemski (Variation) and Mike Yastrzemski

2019 Topps Update:  Game 2 of the World Series is tonight so a couple of Yastrzemski's seems appropriate.  I picked these up from someone who works down the hall and I couldn't be happier.  One I didn't even know Yaz was a variation on his grandson's base card (US245).  Two, he mentioned Monday he had pulled the Yaz variation and he was going to sell it while throwing in Mike Yastrzemski - SOLD.  I'm real happy to have both these cards.  As always seeing my favorite all-time player in Yaz on new cardboard is great.  Yaz running isn't something I see a lot of either.  I also collect his grandson and this is one of his first.  Good day for this fan.
  

4 comments:

  1. Yep, that's a nice pair of Yaz's indeed! I love the legends variations in Topps, but hadn't seen that one yet. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool and I can see Topps doing this more with current players and their retired family members.

      Delete
  2. The Carl is cool. The grandson needs to be traded to another team.

    ReplyDelete