Friday, April 3, 2020

2020 Topps Gypsy Queen Blaster

2020 Topps Gypsy Queen:  Gypsy Queen is always a good retro look for cards.  This year's design is one I really like.  There's some color and the overall aesthetic does appeal to me.  There is a base 300 card set as well as an extended base set that has 20 retired greats.  I'll definitely chase some of those.  Pulled this Mike Trout right off the bat which made for a fun start.  And I really like the retro jersey he is wearing.  
Plenty of star power.  I like the photo on that Harper card. 
  The backs have a simple write-up but I'm OK with that with this brand.
That is a missing nameplate Ryan McMahon parallel and the Springer is one of the five green parallels that come in a blaster.  
Didn't seem to be a lot of great pitchers in the box but these two are definitely worth showing off here.
A The World insert as well as a Fernando Tatis Jr. mini Fortune Teller insert.  I'm not a fan of the minis but pulling a Tatis lessens the sting a bit.  It is not a parallel as orange is the base color.  This was a fun box.  I like the design and think it delivered pretty well.  I'm sure I'll grab more over the summer at some point.  Stay safe and be positive.  

BREAKDOWN:
47 – Total Cards
5 – Green Parallel
4 – RC
1 – The World
1 – Mini Fortune Teller
1 – Missing Nameplate Variation

14 comments:

  1. That Albies card was the best pull IMO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Trout wasn't in this blaster I definitely would have led with that card. I really like that photo.

      Delete
  2. Can't complain when you pull a Tatis. Is it me, or is his hat crooked?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Trout and Tatis cards are really nice. "The World" might be the broades subject of an insert set I've ever seen. They could put literally anyone in that set: Ghandi, Oprah, Pele, King Tut... they chose Starling Marte. :shrug:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I like Marte but I was the same way. I think I've pulled him before on cards like this.

      Delete
  4. Never been a huge fan of GQ but I see a few here I definitely need -- the McMahaon and Trout are both mini-collection hits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year's set works pretty well for me.

      Delete
  5. That is a nice looking Vladdy Jr card! Are you holding onto that one? I am collecting cards of the young Jays...Vladdy Jr, Bichette, Biggio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll throw it in to your lot I have put aside.

      Delete
  6. Tatis is my favorite player not named Andrew McCutchen. Nice pull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely can't complain about my pull. Thanks.

      Delete