Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Random Wax: 2019-2020 Contenders Basketball

2019-2020 Contenders Basketball: Contenders is a brand I like so here we go again.  No better place to start than with Hall of Fame legend Dennis Johnson.  Three-time NBA Champion, Finals MVP two-time All-NBA and nine-time All-Defensive Team selection but that 70's Supersonics jersey is what does it for me.  I kid.  DJ really was great...but those jerseys are too cool.  
Can't wait to see Klay and Steph back on the court with their new teammate Andrew Wiggins.  I want to see how good those guys can be.  Kyle Lowry and the Raptors are having a surprising good year considering the loss of Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers.
Contenders traditionally has a small set size so you'll get plenty of star power in these packs even in the form of Sacramento Kings.
More good young talent in the league.  Donovan Mitchell, as good as he is, was front and center this year as the league shut down due to the virus hitting the Utah Jazz last month.  The NBA stopped play with all major sports following suite shortly thereafter.
A really nice pull here as Ja Morant has lived up to the hype for another surprising team, the Memphis Grizzlies.  This was definitely a fun pack and I have more Contenders yet to be seen at a later time. 


BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
1 – Winning Ticket
1 – 2019 Draft Class
1 – Front Row Seat
1 – Game Ticket Parallel

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! I saw your comments on my blog (Thanks!!) and wanted to try to contact you but couldn't find an email. If you are interested, email me, you can find the address on my profile.

    ReplyDelete