Saturday, September 14, 2024

1991 Impel Marvel Universe Series II

1991 Marvel Universe:  Should have shared this one when Deadpool Wolverine was released but it's still relevant.  
I don't know if I've seen these in hand before but the design seemed familiar.  It's not bad and growing more on me.  Firestar is my favorite here.  Always thought she'd get more play as guys my age fondly remember the 1981 to 1985 Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.  Not many superhero offering back then.  I know she's not a big part of the Marvel Universe but I did think she'd get more opportunities.  I like Nightcrawler as well.  The character, powers and costume are something I like.
Some horizonal offerings on Arch-Enemies cards.
The backs are good.  Sometimes wondered about the ratings but that is part of the fun.
I never really read Fantastic Four so the backs do a good job of filling in some gaps of comic knowledge.
I do like that they do a card that explains the ratings.  I really like the Archangel design when I first saw way back when.  Not as excited about it now but I do like it.  
I like the art they used for these.  Mostly classic representations but I thought they did a good job choosing each.
That is a Hulk hologram insert.  These cards are fun and it's hard to pass up opportunities to see comic characters on cardboard.  I just wish older comic wax packs were cheaper.
BREAKDOWN:
12 – Total Cards
1 – Hologram


4 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the Impel Marvel Universe sets. Congratulations on beating the odds and pulling a hologram. Wolverine and Archangel are my two favorites from this pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends with my two youngest kids recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I should pick it up for my grandsons to watch. Good idea.

      Delete