Friday, September 20, 2024

Random Wax: 2023 Topps Baseball

2023 Topps:  Stretch run in baseball.  The San Diego Padres and the Yankees' Juan Soto will play big parts of the postseason.  Soto is having maybe his best season in the big leagues and will get a yuge payday come the offseason.
These guys will all get to enjoy playoff baseball this fall.  Darvish and Cole were limited this year due to injuries.
Georgy Kirby has been solid with Seattle and has double-digit wins along with an ERA just under 4 this year.
I really like this photo on the Dodgers' team card.  Lots of happiness for whatever just occurred.
Not sure about the Greatest Hits design but I like how the cards highlight achievements from the season.
I feel like I've pulled this card a lot.  And more than happy to do so.  I think Ozzie is close to returning and the offense really needs him.
Fan favorite Stars of MLB.  I like the 2023 design and love my pull in this pack.
Soto already has 39 home runs and 100+ RBIs on the season.
I like this design and the pull was a good one.  Bryce Harper and the Phillies might be the best team in baseball.  It's easy to think we could see them in the World Series for the second time in three years.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
8 – RC
2 – Stars of MLB
2 – Team Cards
1 – Future Stars
1 – Greatest Hits
1 – Chrome Stars of MLB



1 comment:

  1. It's weird seeing a rookie card of Appel in 2023 Topps. I remember when he was the #1 pick in the early 2010's, but never heard too much about him after that.

    ReplyDelete