Wednesday, September 9, 2026

2026 Topps Football Hanger Box

2026 Topps:   Jaxon Smith-Njigba is not only a stud wide receiver with a new record-breaking contract, but also a world champion thanks the Seahawks' surprising Super Bowl run.
How Mahomes comes back from injury will be a big story this year and help shape how the AFC plays out.  I'm rooting for him to make a good comeback.  We've already seen this design with the 2026 Topps baseball release.  I like the design and it works here as well too.
The backs lack the career stats we see with baseball.  I don't know why that is and it's very disappointing. 
Plenty of youngsters to go around.

Team card and its back.  I'd rather have team stats and team leaders here but it's hard to argue with the starting lineups.  But still, I want to see numbers.
Here we have 2 Diamante Parallels, exclusive to hanger boxes, and a Holo Foil Parallel.  I'm a fan of the Diamante parallels so I tend to pick up hanger boxes.  You get 2 in a box.
Horizontal offering.  Not enough of these in the set for my taste.  Football looks good in horizontal photos.  There are 400 cards in the base set.
James Cook ran for over 1600 yards and for 12 touchdowns last season.
I really like League Leaders cards and these look good.
Another QB coming off injury, Daniel Jones' play will determine how the Colts do this year.  They were 8-5 with him starting but lost the last 4 games, and last 6 overall, to miss out on the playoffs.  Was last season a fluke for Jones or is he the real deal?
Combo Cards always highlight some type of combo or duo.
Inserts in this box included Greatest Hits, All-Topps Team, 35th Anniversary and Pressure Cookers.  I like all of these.  Not a big fan of 1991 Topps but the tweaks here help.  I like the contrast on the Greatest Hits, and I've always been a fan of "All-Topps" teams.  Enjoy day 1 of the NFL football season!
BREAKDOWN:
59 – Total Cards
15 – RC
2 – Diamante Parallel
2 – Topps 35th Anniversary
1 – Team Card
1 – Combo Card
1 – Greatest Hits
1 – League Leaders
1 – Holo Foil Parallel
1 – Pressure Cookers
1 – 2025 All Topps Team
1 – Topps All-Rookie Team




No comments:

Post a Comment