Tuesday, September 1, 2015

2015 Topps Football Review

I think I'll try not to go into too much detail on cards moving forward.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves but will still highlight those features that stand out to me.  Football season is upon us so it is is an exciting time.  I picked up a 36 card pack of the 2015 Topps Football cards.  I like the front of these cards.  Kind of a new age border design that doesn't overdo it.  As always with Topps cards, the photos take precedence and the photos are top notch as always.  I also like the simplistic bottom which contains everything you need to know - name, team (via a logo which I always like), position and uniform number.  Nice looking front.  I also liked seeing the "All Pro" stamp on player who were chosen for the honor (see John Kuhn card).  All-pro is one of the highest honors a player can achieve each year and is much more prestigious than a Pro Bowl birth.
 The backs are pretty standard compared to other cards these days.  What does stand out for me is the stat lines.  You'll find the last two seasons stats for each player as well as their career totals.  I enjoy being able to see the additional season which allows you to get a better sense of how a player is doing as compared to the normal one season we normally see.  Pretty small font but that is an old guy complaint.  Overall a nice back.
Of the 36 cards I pulled 16 base cards, 6 rookie cards designated with the RC logo, 5 cards featuring players part of the Topps' top 60 for the year, 2 fantasy studs, 3 team cards, 1 4000 card (QBs who threw over 4,000 yards), 1 fantasy focus, and 2 top 60 credentials cards.  Not a bad haul but none of the inserts or subsets really stood out to me.  The top 60 cards and fantasy focus cards are my favorite of the non base cards I pulled.  I think this is a good set.  I'll probably pick up more cards sometime soon and put this right there with the 2015 Score Football cards and above the 2015 Panini Prestige Football set
 

No comments:

Post a Comment