Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Favorite Cards





I saw others looking at their favorite cards from the year and I'll do the same here.  Mine are not all from 2018 sets but were cards I pulled or purchased in 2018.  This Paul Hornung autograph from a 2015 Gridiron Kings hobby box that I picked up at a local show.  I'm not a Packers fan so I found a good home for it in the form of a fellow blogger.  Still it is just a cool looking card to me and the coupled with being an autograph of an all-time great this is my favorite card of the year.  Paul Hornung is still alive and did you know his nicknames were Golden Boy or Goat Shoulders?





This Dale Murphy card is a great looking card I picked up for that same card show to have autographed by Murph himself. You can see those posts here.  A lifelong Braves fan I watched Dale Murphy and the Braves starting when he was a rookie catcher.  I still remember him throwing balls into centerfield while throwing to second base on attempted steals.  Atlanta was smart to put his arm to good use in the outfield.  This is a card from Edward Vela who does sketch art of sports and pop culture figures.   I happened across this card while looking for the right card to be autographed and couldn't be happier. 










This is just a great looking card.  All that blue from the classic Toronto Maple Leaf jersey and the background made this an instant favorite of mine.  I pulled this from my only pack of the 2018-2019 Upper Deck Hockey.  It isn't often that non action shots wow me but this one managed to do just that.






This Dan Fouts card seems a bit out of place but I pulled it in a January pack of 2017 Playoff Football and combined with being a big fan of Fouts, I love this uniform.  I know everyone else loves the powder blue uniforms but these unis, which were worn from '74 to '84, are what I grew up with and love.
Last but not least this Dustin Pedroia MLB Independence Day US Flag Patch from a 2018 Topps Series 2 blaster.  This is a great looking card and is by far my favorite relic.  Great player, great look.  Love it.
Everyone have a safe and enjoyable New Years Eve!  I can't wait to see what cards 2019 has in store for all of us. 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope 2019 brings even more amazing cards to your collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and I wish good tidings to your family and your cards!

      Delete
  2. That Marner is sweet! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beauty. The color really makes it pop.

      Delete
  3. These are all great choices. You know I'm partial to the Hornung (and Pedroia) but that Murphy card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy I found that Murphy card. It is a great looking card which only looks better with his autograph on it.

      Delete