Friday, December 21, 2018

Random Wax: 2018 Topps Update

This 2018 Topps Update pack had Braves' star and 2018 Rookie of the Year Ronald Acuna Jr. so this pack was off to a great start.  
A couple of nice stars to include 2018 World Champion J.D. Martinez.  Still coming down off the high of the Red Sox winning as you can tell.  Also some scrub from the Yanks...just saying.
 I like the design of all three of these cards.  We might be seeing Harold Baines cards in next year's set so I'm pretty excited about that.  This is a nice card for Lorenzo Cain who had a monster year in his first for the Brewers.  I'm a big fan of the '83 design so these are fun to pull.
Another of the three Braves I pulled and the gold parallel Austin Meadows card #/2018 and his standard base card.  I pulled both in this pack.
I'm an All-Star game guy so I always enjoy these.  Julio Urias only managed four regular season innings in 2018 but still pitched three innings against the Red Sox in the World Series with a respectable 3.00 ERA.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
9 – RC (3 – Rookie Debut)
6 – All-Star Game
1 – Legends in the Making
1 – 1983 Topps Baseball 35th Set
1 – 2018 Hall of Famer
1 – An International Affair
1 – Rookie Combos
1 – Gold Parallel (#/2018)

2 comments: