Friday, September 18, 2020

Random Wax: 2019-2020 Donruss Basketball

 2019-2020 Donruss Basketball:  NBA Conference Championships are underway with Denver-L.A. tipping off game one of their series tonight.  No I didn't mug someone for these cards.  This pack has been sitting in the queue for quite a while.  LeBron is a great start to this pack though somewhere inside me I'm rooting for Denver in their series.
James Harden is out of the playoffs and with no coach.  Andrew Wiggins probably can't wait for next season which will be his first full season with the team which should be fully healthy.
Parallels and inserts are are always fun.  My parallel includes a Hawk while it will be great to see what Kevin Durant can do in Brooklyn which is already a good team.  The Joker!  Dude has been great in the playoffs and is fun to watch. I really hope Denver makes the Western Conference Finals a good series but the Lakers will probably have none of it.  
Thunder had a great year considering they lost Paul George.  And they still have a ton of LA Clipper 1st round draft picks moving forward.  
Five Rated Rookies in this pack.  These young guys are hoping they'll be in the playoffs soon.  I'm so enjoying the NBA right now and bummed I can't just go pick up basketball card packs at the store.  This one was fun and luckily I still have basketball cards to share as we continue the quest to crown a champ.

BREAKDOWN:

30 – Total Cards
5 – Rated Rookie
1 – Changing Stripes
1 – Complete Players
1 – Green Holo Parallel








6 comments:

  1. Nice. Don't think I've seen any basketball at my Target since earlier in the year when I found Contenders boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pack has been around for quite a while. NBA is impossible to find now.

      Delete
  2. Fun rip. I figured you must have had this pack kicking around for awhile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I have a few more I can share as the playoffs and Finals play out. Once I run out I'll be on the hunt for more.

      Delete
  3. I think that most people outside of L.A. are rooting for Denver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so rooting for Denver. Last night AD and the Lakers just killed me with that last second winner. Still the Nuggets played a great game.

      Delete