Friday, September 25, 2020

Random Wax: 2020 Bowman Baseball

 2020 Bowman Baseball: Had this pack since June but haven't posted any baseball for a while.  End of the season is this weekend and then we have the new playoff system.  Should be interesting all around.  I'm just happy we got the season in.  This pack was pretty strong with the young Blue Jays stars headlining it.  Bichette has had a good year but has had to battle through injuries. 

Bowman is of course focuses on the prospects most of which I haven't heard of nor will I know for some time.  That said I have heard of Bobby Witt Jr.  But don't ask me any questions about him.  
And more young players.  Hopefully in a few years we know about all these guys.  
This is one of six chrome cards in the pack.  A favorite of many collectors the hope is to get the key players on these. 
Veteran players also have a presence here but they aren't why most folks are picking up Bowman packs.  Good pull in this pack and we'll wait and see how the careers of these guys play out.  Bowman posts are fun to look back at in three years.  Speaking of, I also pulled a Bowman Vlad Jr. back in 2017.

BREAKDOWN:
29 – Total Cards
6 – Chrome
5 – 1st Bowman
5 – Camo Parallel
4 – RC
1 – Rookie Favorites
1 – Bowman Top Prospects

6 comments:

  1. I like the look of those Bichette and Guerrero Jr cards. I may have to find those for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a pretty clean design and those are nice looking cards for each. I can't argue that.

      Delete
  2. The best thing about Bowman is sitting back and waiting to see how ends up becoming the next Trout, Betts, or Tatis. Hope one of these 1st Bowmans ends up hitting it big for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd bed nice if someone here hits it big. But knowing me I'll just package the cards to go to someone in a trade.

      Delete
  3. Bowman is a frustrating product for me because outside of the Pirates and Phillies I don't know much about other team's farm systems so I have no idea what to look for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough for me as well. Not knowing the prospects makes it tough to be excited about. I just got lucky with two of the bigger prospects on this one.

      Delete