Sunday, October 13, 2024

Topps Now Shohei Ohtani 50/50 Card #722

 Topps Now Card #722: When Shohei reached 50/50 for the season I was excited as anyone.  So much so I purchased five of the Topps Now cards commemorating the milestone.  Probably overly excited, but man is this guy special.  The bundle of five cards is my first foray into Topps Now cards.  The design is nice and I like the photo, especially seeing the coach in the background all excited. 
The backs are standard summaries of the milestone but it's still exciting.  Not only does he get to 50/50 but he does it with three home runs and 10 RBIs in the game.  Crazy.  When you order Topps Now cards you may receive parallel, numbered parallels or even autos.  This is my first look at these so I can't say that goes for every Topps Now card.  Here's hoping Los Angeles and Cleveland make it to the World Series.  In almost no world can I root for one of the New York teams.  
  

8 comments:

  1. I picked up the MLB World Tour 3 card set from Topps Now featuring Ohtani when they opened in Korea. They really are nice cards and I like the overall packaging/presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice choice. Agree on all points. I'll pay more attention to Topps Now in the future.

      Delete
  2. Good choice! Never got into Topps now, but if the Rays or Tigers ever win a World Series, I might have to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had done that when Atlanta won. Not sure why I didn't. Would have been cool.

      Delete
  3. I really like the Topps Now cards and have several in my collection but the majority of them are of Francisco Lindor. All of them are with him in a Mets uniform so I have started looking for one's in a Cleveland uniform. Glad to see you are pulling for Cleveland in the ALCS.

    By the way, I sent you an email about some of your collecting interests. Did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder. I'll get a reply out to you!

      Delete
  4. Nice to see these are arriving in mailboxes. I bought the cards for the A's final game at the Coliseum which was about a week later. Hope that means my cards will arrive in about a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The A's leaving Oakland is so sad. I would have picked those up to if I was from the area.

      Delete