Sunday, July 26, 2026

Masters of the Universe (2026)

 When the trailer for Masters of the Universe came out, I was excited.  Overall a good movie.  They lean into this having an '80s feel and the humor.  I've watched more of the current Master of the Universe animated offerings in the franchise.  Wasn't a big fan when I was younger.  I go back and forth from wanting this to be a more serious adaptation in tone as opposed an action comedy or just enjoying it for what it is.  As is, it is good.  I won't say great.  I like some of the visuals and the way the characters look, especially Skeletor.  Not sure if there'll be a sequel but I'm glad I watched this one after being told by a few folks to watch it.  It's on Amazon Prime Video right now for subscribers.  It may be on other platforms but I'm not sure.



1 comment:

  1. I saw it for the first time myself on Prime and thought it was good. I'm really digging the action figures, too. I was hoping to watch this with my grandkid who really likes Battlecat but unfortunately he doesn't make many appearances in the film. They should do a series.

    ReplyDelete