Tuesday, January 14, 2020

2919-2020 Absolute Memorabilia Basketball (5 Dollar Tree Packs)

2019-2020 Absolute BasketballBlowoutBuzz busted some of these retail packs which are only found at Dollar Tree.  Each comes with one of 25 rookie yellow inserts.  I picked up five packs giving chase of a Zion and bam...there he was in the first pack.  Can't beat that.
I like the design on these.  Simple with a good sized team logo.  I also thought many of the photos were pretty nice.  As late as these came out I did think we might see players in their new unis but no dice.
The backs are only have two colors but I like the simple result.  
Like any other set you'll find rookies and with a base set size of 100 you'll get plenty of stars.  With a good design and plenty of star power at only a buck a pack I'm sure I'll buy more of these.

BACKGROUND:
25 – Total Cards (5 Packs)
7 – RC
5 – Absolute Memorabilia Rookie Yellow Parallel

9 comments:

  1. I grabbed a few of these too, and was happy to get the yellow Zion as well. I thought it was a really cool concept to have Dollar Tree exclusives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. My Dollar Tree only had stickers of late so I didn't have any expectations of finding these packs. For a buck they are fun busts.

      Delete
  2. I saw these at the Dollar Tree the other day, but decided to pass on them, as it didn't seem like a set that would probably have any retired greats in it, and that's pretty much all that I'm interested in at this point. They had a football set there too, that I might've actually bought a few packs from, but the box was empty :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing worse than the one think you are interested in is gone. And while I like these, some retired greats would be that much better.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on pulling a Zion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Always fun pulling the guy everyone wants.

      Delete
  4. Zion!! I didn't know Dollar Tree packs had inserts. Last year a Dollar Tree opened right near my office and I loaded up on football & basketball packs. Then I got a new job in an industrial area about a month later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only knew because I saw it on BlowoutBuzz.com. He does plenty of breaks and seems to always know this stuff.

      Delete
  5. Pulled a nice Ja out of one a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete