Friday, January 17, 2020

Random Wax: 2019 Archives Baseball

2019 Archives Baseball:  Back to some baseball cards.  This week has been tough with all the talk of cheating.  If anyone can bring back some balance it is Hank Aaron.  Here he is showcased in the Topps 1958 design.  Not necessarily a favorite of mine but this is a good photo of Hank in that classic uni with the sleeve logo.
PC guys Chipper and Ichior really make this pack fun.  Rocket Roger Clemons as a Red Sox is always a good thing.  I know I'm a Red Sox guy but I've never been a natural fan of his but I have been warming up to him as of late.
Eric Hosmer is another PC guy and who wouldn't want Joey Votto on 1st base?  Really nice photo of Bob Gibson.  I didn't know he ever smiled.
That Will Cordero is one of the Montreal Expos 50th Anniversary inserts.  Duke Snider just looks like a classic baseball player in that photo.  This was a fun pack.  I like the Archives brand and there will be more of these in the future.
These Topps Magazine inserts are favorites of mine.  Very glad they are one per pack and I think I'll put this one on my list of insert sets to complete.

BREAKDOWN:
18 – Total Cards
6 – 1975
5 - 1993
5 – 1958
1 – Topps Magazine
1 – Silver Parallel #/99
1 - 50th Anniversary of the Montreal Expos




No comments:

Post a Comment