Tuesday, January 21, 2020

2019-2020 Contenders Basketball

2019-2020 Contenders Basketball:  I liked this design on the 2019 Contenders football and I like it again here.  Not sure what it is about that circle and logo but I'm digging it.  It hearkens back to 2011 Topps designs that I really liked as well.  One of my first Trae Young of the year lead off and hopefully I'll pull many more soon.
A ton of star power in this pack.  I know the set size isn't huge at 100 but this pack still hit it out of the park.  The section, row and seat at the top reference the player's weight, height and jersey number.  It's nice seeing players in their new team's jersey's in this brand.
The inserts are nice and we get a look at retired greats on this winning ticket.  That Marc Gasol is a Game Ticket green parallel though the color didn't come out at all in the scan.
The backs are nice and colorful but devoid of stats unfortunately.  The photo is the same from the front but with the background now in place.
This was a fun first pack for Contenders.  I know the brand doesn't do it for everyone and I get it can be a bit similar from year-to-year.  I like this year's quite a bit and this pack and all it's stars definitely are a good start.  

BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
1 – Game Ticket
1 – Winning Ticket
1 – Front Row Seat
1 – 2019 Draft Class

No comments:

Post a Comment