Monday, October 5, 2020

1995 Comic Images 20 Years of the Rocky Horror Picture Show Trading Cards

 20 Years of the Rocky Horror Picture Show: The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a movie you either don't like, don't get, or really like.  I really like it so when I was making my eBay purchase of non-sport packs this seemed like a great one to pick up.  I know.  This photo will have many turning away or will smile as it bring back good memories.
The movie has everything you can ask for - music to include Meatloaf, stars to be Susan Sarandon and Tim Curry, a catchy song and dance with the Time Warp, and of course a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania. 
My sister and brother-in-law went to a midnight showing of the movie a few years ago.  They were in their fifties and loved it.  I want to do the same sometime soon.  These midnight showing are famous for folks dressing up, using props, and playing along with the movie.  
The cards themselves are full bleed nice screen shots.  I'd hoped for a few more key scenes or characters but in a 90 card set it's easy to not get the cards you're hoping for. 
The backs provide a short synopsis of the front and are a good snapshot of what is going on.  I really liked the cards and I may pick up the set at some point.  I know this isn't for everyone but I hope you were able to joy these on some level even if it just made you smile for a short time.

BREAKDOWN:
10 - Total Cards
 

 

2 comments:

  1. RHPS is one of those classic films I've never seen. Maybe one day I'll finally get around to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be ready for anything. It doesn't fit any mold and really is different but hope you get the chance.

      Delete