Sunday, October 25, 2020

2020 Prestige Football Blaster

 2020 Prestige Football:  Actually found this in the wild at a Wal-Mart I rarely get to.  I like the design.  My pull was a bit "meh" but I won't complain.  We'll kick it off with Derek Carr.  Many will say he has disappointed and if you are only counting wins that is a fair assessment.  I don't think the Raiders have really had a team as a whole to support winning so I give him somewhat of a pass.  Last year really was a good year for him passing.  I want to see the Raiders relevant again so hopefully they can find the winning way.
No arguments with the running backs I pulled.  Sure wish Barkley hadn't gotten hurt.  Doubt it would have changed the Giants' fortunes but still hate seeing any player, much less one of his quality go down.
So the design is good but I saw someone mention how all the photos are full body upright pictures.  I blew that off but they are.  Seems kind of repetitive as you go through the packs.  If I'd never seen that comment maybe I don't notice it?  Probably not a big thing one way or the other.  Backs are nice with the photo and some color.
One of the inserts.  Not bad but not much wow factor.
Rookies of course have their place. They only come one per pack so finding key rookies may be a bit tough.
I like the Power House insert.  The Impressions isn't bad either but I waver on it.  You won't find a ton of inserts in comparison to some other brands.
I like this Julio Jones card.  This was a fun box.  I shouldn't complain about my pull but when you don't see some of the top quarterbacks it can be a bit of a downer.  Glad I was able to find one of these and share.  And my relic was a hall of famer which was a big plus.
BREAKDOWN: 

64 – Total Cards
8 – RC
3 – Blue Parallel
2 – Power House
1 – Worldwide
1 – Impressions
1 – Prestigious Pros
1 – Inside the Numbers
1 – Gridiron Heritage Relic









10 comments:

  1. Nice looking cards. Not a bad hit at all with a HOF running back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pack of cards! I would love that Bettis jersey card. He is my all time favorite Steelers player. Can we talk about a trade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea who he is, but I do like the look of the Jamal Adams card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That photo stood out to me as well. For me I think it is the uniform which I like.

      Delete