Thursday, October 22, 2020

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

 

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse:  This movie came out in 2018 but I wasn't on board for whatever reason.  I finally saw it this last month with the grandsons.  I'm very glad I did.  They did an excellent job with this movie and I really enjoyed it.  Miles Morales is bitten by a radio active spider and guess who is the next Spider-Man?  But this isn't the Spider-Man story we've seen before.  Before Miles even knows what is happening the "Spider-Man/Woman/Pig/Robot" from different dimensions show up to help battle Kingpin and save the universe.  Just a really good story and the animation is done well too.  

I was really impressed with the story and the characters.  So well done.  You're just into it.  The characters from the other dimensions are key and fun additions.  I know you are seeing Peter-Porker and saying "yeah I don't know" but it works.  These different dimensions are just that - different.  Whether it be how the Spider-Man story plays out or what the universe is as a whole.  I also have to say I really like these versions of the bad guys - Kingpin and Doc Ock.  Doc Ock is a female version I love.  Her and Gwen Stacy were my favorite characters.  I know I sound like I'm gushing but I really enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it.




2 comments:

  1. The different animation styles often threw me off, but the story was very well done and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Nicolas Cage as Spider-Noir was a brilliant casting choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The animation style really is a big reason I stayed away from this movie for so long. In the end the story and the storytelling through the animation won me over. Nicolas Cage was great casting. When I figured out who it was I thought perfect. Good call. Plenty of good voice casting in this one.

    ReplyDelete