Friday, October 23, 2020

2017 Topps WWE NXT Wrestling Blaster

 2017 Topps WWE NXT Wrestling: This was a fun pickup from Wal-Mart online.  I've seen BlowoutBuzz break some of these and wanted to take a crack at one myself.  This set shows some of the WWE roster before they made it to the big stage.  I really liked this box and the set.  We'll kick it off with the lovely Asuka who is the reigning WWE Women's Champion.

These are the roster cards.  I like the designs and how they work when put together.  That Tino Sabbatelli is a bronze parallel.  
The Matches and Moments cards make up the rest of the "base" set.  Again I like the design.  Plenty of space for the photos and they did a good job with their variety of matches.  
More of the Matches and Moments cards.  I really do like the colors and design used for this set.
Now's a good time to remind everyone to head over to the Collecting Cutch blog and support his Save Second Base campaign.  He is promoting awareness of Breast Cancer month and hoping folks will support the cause.  Check out his posts all month.  They are fun and for a great cause.  If you are so inclined, donations to fight breast cancer can be done here.  The lovely ladies of the WWE are a great way to highlight this cause as well.
A relic is guaranteed in each blaster.  Ember Moon is a pretty good pull I think.  I like the photo but wish the text would have been moved to the bottom right corner.  Still I'm happy with it.  There are autos and relics of many young wrestlers in this set who went on to the WWE stage so this is a fun way of getting early cards of theirs.

I'm so in love with this gal.  I wanted to start off the post with her but I do that a lot. She'll still get highlighted here as well she should.  

BREAKDOWN:

72 – Total Cards
40 – Matches and Moments
32 – Roster
4 – Called Up
4 – Bronze Parallel
1 – Mat Relic #/50





8 comments:

  1. Nice set. I like how the background design matches up when cards are side by side. It would be even cooler if the tops and bottoms of the design did a similar continuation thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice batch of females in this box. Even though I don't follow the sport super closely... I think I've seen all of them wrestle with Dasha being the lone exception. Glad to hear Asuka still holds the title. Haven't really followed her outside of her YT channel since Kairi left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fun even as a casual WWE follower. And I probably get a lot of what I know from the cards.

      Delete
  3. A great set, and a really nice design that screams NXT. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy I picked this up and I can see me grabbing more given the chance.

      Delete