Wednesday, June 15, 2022

2021-2022 Upper Deck Hockey

 

21-22 Upper Deck Hockey: Hard to believe but this is my first pack of these this year.  Probably due to delays.  Stanley Cup Finals start tonight so it's a great time to break this one out.  We'll kick it off with three-time Stanley Cup winner Sidney Crosby who highlighted this pack.
Show off one of my Calgary Flames.  Calgary had a great season winning the Pacific Division but was ousted in the second round of the playoffs by Edmonton.
Upper Deck always brings it with their quality photos.  This season is no different.  Showing some goalie love here but not much in the way of action.
Some horizontal goodness.  Wouldn't mind seeing a few more of these in packs.
I like the design this year.  At first glance I wasn't so sure but it is a good looking design in hand.
Wish we'd see more action in the shots.  It's consistently guys skating around.  We need more cross check, passing and shooting photos.  I know those are harder to get but still, this is what hockey photographers do.  Maybe just have other guys share the photos somehow to give us variety.
The orange parallel Dazzlers is my insert in this pack.  Orange and green are found in retail packs.  Could use another insert or two in each pack to help break them up.  Fun pack of cards.  Enjoy the back of that Crosby card which may be better than the front as you get to see what a crazy great career he's had.  I think I'll root for the Lightning in the series but no issues if the Avalanche take home the Cup.

BREAKDOWN:
26 – Total Cards
1 – Dazzlers Orange Parallel

2 comments:

  1. I heard it's the first time in the major sports that both teams in the championship have singular names! Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete