Thursday, June 2, 2022

NBA Finals: Celtics @ Warriors

The NBA Finals start today so I'll show of some Steph Curry and Jayson Tatum cards I've recently pulled and give you my thoughts on the series.  Golden State is so good this year.  They got Klay back, Jordan Poole became a great third option, Andrew Wiggins has come up good in the playoffs and they are for the most part healthy.  Their offense is so fun to watch and will be hard to beat.
Love these Slam inserts.  Tatum and the Celts found their groove later in the season.  This team is built on defense and defense travels.  Will it be enough to stop the Warriors?  Miami isn't an offensive juggernaut so it's hard to compare the matchups.  Boston does have a really good offense and Golden State isn't exactly the best defensive team in the league.  Picking up Derrick White in season was a great move as well giving them depth.  This team won't roll over.
That second Tatum is a holiday parallel from a blaster.  Wish Panini had gone a bit heavier with the snowflakes.  This really should be a great matchup.  An excellent defensive team versus a great offense.  Seems like a fun series.
Still, someone has to win and I have to think Golden State has the edge.  The Warriors aren't unbeatable but I'm not sold that a defense, even as good and the Celtics', can stop them.
I'm going with Golden State in six.  Maybe we'll get a seven game series but that seems like a lot to ask for.
Steph Curry and Al Horford are two of my favorite players in the league so it'll be tough to watch but consistently this playoff run I've found myself rooting for the Warriors.  No matter who wins they'll deserve it.  Both are great teams and this should be a good series.
 

6 comments:

  1. Hated the Celtics growing up. Kind of indifferent these days. I'll take the Warriors, because California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the game last night but happy to see the Warrior even the series up.

      Delete
  2. I'm quietly rooting for Golden State. Although... I hate the fact that they dominate local sports radio currently. It'll be interesting to hear them talking about last night's loss, since the confidence level the past couple of weeks have been through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the local media believe they can do no wrong. Game one was a wake up call. They showed up in game two. I'll be curious to see how they do in Boston.

      Delete
  3. We turned it off at work at the end of the 3rd quarter. Stupid work, haha. My kid and I both say Warriors will pull it out, but he believed Miami would have won if they have beaten Boston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost went to sleep after the 3rd quarter. So glad I stayed up. Warriors seem like they can take this but game one really reminds you how good Boston can be.

      Delete